Pioneer Mobile Alert System
Pioneer Mobile Alert System is a security and safety text/email service for students, parents and employees!
Pioneer Alert System (PAS), Western's combined notification system. It enables us to efficiently send a text and/or email alert message. PAS may also be used for communicating with student organizations, classes or as a vector of communication for important information like school closings, weather or other dangerous situations. You can opt-out at any time and you have complete control of what types of notifications you would like to receive.
- What is the Pioneer Alert System?
- PAS is an emergency notification system capable of sending students and employees text and email messages for school closures, service interruptions, and dangerous situations.
- Can I sign up if I am not a student or employee?
- This service is only for current students and employee's of Western.
- How can I sign up my parents to this service?
- Currently we only allow one personal email and one cell phone, however a student may choose to add a parent/guardian to the personal email address field.
- After I graduate from Western, how do I remove my account?
- What type of messages will I receive?
- Western will only send you messages related to emergencies. You will never receive advertisements and your information is never provided to advertisers.
- Will I receive advertisements or text messaging SPAM?
- No, never. We respect your privacy and you will never receive anything besides official Western communications.
- Who can subscribe/use the service?
- Any student, staff, or faculty member of the Western can subscribe.
- What mobile phone carriers are supported?
- All U.S. mobile carriers are supported.
- What if my cell phone number changes?
- If your mobile number ever changes, please login and update your account details.
- Who do I contact for assistance?
- If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com or call the IT Helpdesk @ (580) 477-7907
- How will I identify incoming messages from Pioneer Alert System?
- You will be sent messages from what are know as short codes. The messages will come from 96167. We encourage you to save these numbers into your phone so you will recognize them when messages are sent.
- How do I stop getting text messages?
- To stop getting message, you may login and opt-out, or text the word, "STOP" to 96167.